Linqdatasource updating row not found or changed
I'm adding this answer solely to help others dealing with this error and not finding a resolution in the answers above.
and this turns out to break Linq's checks for the Affected Rows (as much as I can figure it out from .
NET sources), leading to Change Conflict Exception Resetting the options to exclude the 512 bit fixed the problem.
After employing qub1n's answer, I found that the issue for me was that I had inadvertently declared a database column to be decimal(18,0).
Result = query End Sub That when I try to update using the EDIT button in the details View I get "Row not found or changed" every darn time... Audit Criteria Position) _Audit Criteria Position ID 1 Integer _Audited Dt Nothing Date? Hi, I was having the same problem, and I found on scottgu's bloge that there no inline editing support when you custom the Selecting.
Do I need to write a custom update statement as well?
First, it useful to know, what is causing the problem.
EXCEPT obviously when it comes to update the record. I have a details View that I need to display several fields from a table in and allow updating. Linq Data Source Select Event Args) Handles Linq Data Source1. The table has a Time Stamp column on SQL Server and the file sees it as Time Stamp = TRUE. Selecting Dim CAT As New Case Audit Tracking Data Context 'custom query Dim query = From CAD In CAT. UPDATE [Sessions] SET [Is_Active] = @p4, [Disconnected] = @p5 WHERE ([Session_Rec Id] = @p0) AND ([App_Rec Id] = @p1) AND ([Is_Active] = 1) AND ([Established] = @p2) AND ([Disconnected] IS NULL) AND ([Member_Id] IS NULL) AND ([Company_Id] IS NULL) AND ([Site] IS NULL) AND (NOT ([Is_Device] = 1)) AND ([Machine_Name] = @p3) -- @p0: Input Guid (Size = 0; Prec = 0; Scale = 0) [0fbbee53-cf4c-4643-9045-e0a284ad131b] -- @p1: Input Guid (Size = 0; Prec = 0; Scale = 0) [7a174954-dd18-406e-833d-8da650207d3d] -- @p2: Input Date Time (Size = 0; Prec = 0; Scale = 0) [9/4/2008 PM] -- @p3: Input String (Size = 0; Prec = 0; Scale = 0) [CWMOBILEDEV] -- @p4: Input Boolean (Size = 0; Prec = 0; Scale = 0) [False] -- @p5: Input Date Time (Size = 0; Prec = 0; Scale = 0) [9/4/2008 PM] -- Context: Sql Provider(Sql CE) Model: Attributed Meta Model Build: 3.5.21022.8 Thats nasty, but simple: Check if the data types for all fields in the O/R-Designer match the data types in your SQL table. A column should be either nullable in both the O/R-Designer and SQL, or not nullable in both.For example, a NVARCHAR column "title" is marked as NULLable in your database, and contains the value NULL.
The in-memory representation of the user who owns "Something" doesn't match what's in the database, and so you get this lurking bug.